Downers Grove Realtor and Downers Grove Real Estate
If you are looking for a Downers Grove Realtor to help with buying or selling a home, then look no further.
I am a Downers Grove Real Estate Agent that has helped many families with their real estate needs.
Lets take a look below and see why Downers Grove consistently ranks as one of most convenient high end suburbs in the Chicagoland area.
Take a Closer Look at Downers Grove
Looking for a beautiful place to raise your family? You need to take a look at Downers Grove. Named as one of the 2018 ‘Top 100 Best Places To Live in America,” the town came in at an impressive 46th on the list! This remarkable recognition is possible only due to the dedicated efforts of many individuals and organizations who are deeply committed to the success of our community,” stated Mayor Martin Tully.
Downers Grove is a happy and tight-knit community. The town is strategically located near the Interstate 88 and 355 corridors, and as a bonus, it is just 18 miles west of Chicago. With a train ride of approximately 25 minutes to downtown Chicago, it is a very commuter friendly town. It is actually categorized as a village, with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital anchoring its healthcare system.
Downers Grove Illinois Employers and Downtown District
This forward-thinking city has long been known for its business-friendly environment. The strong economy continues to expand in areas like manufacturing and technology moving this community into the future. Those notable employers include Advocate Health care, Dover Corporation, Pepperidge Farm, Devry Inc, FTD (the flower company), Ambitech Engineering Corp, and Sanford Brands (The manufactures of Papermate and Sharpie products). With all these top companies located here, this city of industry attracts professionals of all types.
But it is not just a town of businesses. Boasting several residential parks and two large forest preserves resulted in the village earning a Tree City USA designation. The scenic downtown area houses more than 70 shops and restaurants along with multiple entertainment venues and nightspots.
Downers Grove Illinois Schools
With award-winning public schools, you simply cannot go wrong. Elementary school district Center Cass School District 66 ranks 161th, Downers Grove GSD 58 ranks 279th, and The High school district (Community High School District 99) ranks 64th out of 779 Illinois school districts according to schooldigger.com. South High school ranks a respectable 86th out of 645 Illinois high schools.
With a strong economy, business friendly environment, scenic downtown, and great recreational spaces, it is no wonder why so many families decide to make Downers Grove their home.
Things To Do in Downers Grove
Some interesting facts
1. The town has 25 Sears-Roebuck Catalog Homes. These homes were built using purchased kits between 1908 and 1940.
2. During 2006 and 2007, the 1846 Blodgett House was established as a museum of the Underground Railroad and now resides at the Downers Grove Museum Campus.
3. The main line of the BNSF Railway Line, the line is also used by Metra commuter rail. Metra’s BNSF Railway Line has three stops in Downers Grove at Belmont Road, Main Street, and Fairview Avenue.
4. Over 600 acres (2.4 km2) of parks for recreational use are available with 450 recreational activities are available throughout the year.
5. The Tivoli Theatre, a movie theater, was built in 1928. It is located at 5021 Highland Ave, Downers Grove, Illinois. The theater was designed by Van Gurten and Van Gurten architects and has 1,012 seats. It was recently remodeled to resemble a “French Renaissance-style” theater. Second run movies are shown and also live bands play the stage.
As a Downers Grove and licensed Downers Grove Real Estate Agent, I know this town and have helped many buyers in their search.
I would love to help with your real estate needs.
You can call me 7 days a week at 630-481-6291.
All about Downers Grove Realtor and Downers Grove Real Estate.